Learning Ukulele 50 Sites Top 50 Ukulele Sites Argapa Ukuleles - one size louder: Bridges on piccolos

Monday, March 16, 2015

Bridges on piccolos

Yesterday, after returning from the Middle East, I started making the bridges for the piccolos in progress. Actually I finished fretting them before, but didn't blog about it. 

I found a small length of very rough bridge blank in the piles and started planing. The neck angle and the dome of the soundboard was identical on both ukes so I set out on a double length piece. 


Flip and continue...


After progressing to smaller planes (equivalent of "going through the grits" for those who prefer sandpaper) I had the profile and the height. The bottom will  be concave to match the top so I have an extra millimetre still. Cutting time. 


Then the top edge is carved for compensation. Here is what it looked like this morning. You can see the frets too. 



No comments: